Recovery discs

Lautrec 11:01 07 Mar 06

Recently my Packard Bell PC crashed and I was lucky to have the three recovery discs that came with the machine when I purchased it.

I processed disc one and I am now able to use the PC ok. However, it does not seem as stable as it should be and I think the answer lies in the other two discs that have not been used.
As I believe in the old adage, 'dont mend it if it is not broke' but I feel that these discs would not be issued unless they are meant to be used.

Could anyone advise me what I should do?

SANTOS7 11:08 07 Mar 06

Put the discs in and see whats on them, may well be drivers that you need to reinstall...

Lautrec 11:31 07 Mar 06

I acted on Santos advice and played disc two.The following sub titles came up:-
AKKOOPB.01
AMFOOAA.01
ten others finishing with
13XV100AA.XX.

Anyone has any idea what these may mean? I am a littled worried to to go too far in case it upsets the running of the PC. I have been off line for many weeks since turning over to Wanadoo France ADSL and don't wish to upset the digital apple cart again!

I live out in the sticks in rural France and there are not many, if any, repairers available!

SANTOS7 11:42 07 Mar 06

Hi lautrec you might want to start another thread as you have ticked this one as resolved and you wont get the response from others who may know the answer.
failing that contact Packard Bell and ask them what is on the discs, A preliminary search shows nothing on the info you have posted..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5