Recovery disc won't boot

sparrowman 12:10 12 May 09

I have set my bios to boot from cd but pc still boots to windows system. There a 3 options for boot and all are set to cd yet noo success with disc. I did get one message = "can't find boot manager" Any suggestions please. Thanks.

mgmcc 13:16 12 May 09

Is the CD definitely "bootable"?

Is the CD/DVD drive working reliably?

If prompted to "Press any key to boot from CD", have you done this before it goes on to boot from the hard drive?

sparrowman 19:24 12 May 09

Hi thanks for reply.
Yes definitely, it was supplied by pc manufacturer and I have used it previously. I did press enter to "boot from cd" but it won't respond and goes into windows. My bios is set to boot from cd on all 3 options but it still opens in windows. DVD drive is working because it will recognise my win XP disc and will boot to it.

lotvic 19:32 12 May 09

try tapping (several taps) the space bar instead of pressing Enter

you may be just 'missing the mark' when you do the 'press any key'

jolorna 21:42 12 May 09

are you shutting the computer down after inserting the cd & then switch on again which is what mine requires

tullie 22:27 12 May 09

You cant boot from cd unless you do it that way

phono 22:45 12 May 09

"You cant boot from cd unless you do it that way"

I have to disagree, a simple reboot will allow you to boot from CD, there is no need to shut down and switch on again.

tullie 22:48 12 May 09

Thats what i meant

phono 23:14 12 May 09

Sorry, must have misunderstood you. <:^(

woodchip 23:17 12 May 09

try tapping F8 as it boots look to see if its in the list

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…