Recovery disc

seventiesdolly 11:16 05 Sep 06

When re-installing using a recovery disc, do you have to boot with the disc already in the drive, or do you put it in after?
Also, does the recovery disc include all drivers needed and so on? Thanks.

ventanas 11:31 05 Sep 06

Usual is to boot up, insert the recovery cd and restart. Look for the prompt at bottom of screen to "press any key to boot from cd" and hit the spacebar when this appears. You will have to check out your bios settings to see if the cd drive is set to boot before the hdd, or the pc will just start up normally regardless.

Sometimes there is a second disc that contains all the drivers etc., but not always. Have a look at the documentation that came with your pc to check what there should be. Maybe its all on one disc.

jolorna 12:37 05 Sep 06

after pc world put you a new hard disc in didn't they reintall it for you at the time, refering to your last thread crunchy hard disc?

seventiesdolly 12:39 05 Sep 06

They haven't done it yet - waiting for it to come in apparently.

jolorna 12:44 05 Sep 06

make sure they do it for you using your recovery disc,s just to make sure your not left with duff recover disc's, because if yours won't work they should supply you with new ones

seventiesdolly 12:49 05 Sep 06

Yes, I actually asked them about that, cos even though I did do a set of discs a while ago, I told them I hadn't, so The guy told me he would supply new discs as well, otherwise I don't think they would have bothered.
So, just to get this straight, if I were to use my set of recovery discs, the pc would be at the same state as it was when I first purchased it and switched it on..ie ready to go basically bar updates and so on?
Please exscuse my constant questioning and probably repeating a lot of the same things, but I can get my head round so much techie stuff, then my head implodes! ;-)

jolorna 12:57 05 Sep 06

im not sure if a change of hd will void your oem someone else will put you straight on this, but if you use the new discs they are going to supply then your oem will still be valid, and they will restore back to as you brought the computer

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…