Recovery disc.

seventiesdolly 12:11 10 Oct 05

I have just tried creating a recovery disc for my new pc, but it is telling me that that the dvd disc I am using is not blank, and to insert a blank one. Well, it IS a blank and brand new DVD+RW disc, so why will it not do it?!

Graham ® 12:23 10 Oct 05

Will the new PC record to DVD+, I wonder?

Dipso 12:49 10 Oct 05

I recently attempted to image my PC and found I needed particular software to back up to DVD. Have you tried DVD (not RW) or CD's?

seventiesdolly 12:58 10 Oct 05

....will i make a difference if I use a dvd that's not rw?

Dipso 13:02 10 Oct 05

Could do. It may be that you need packet writing software to write to DVD RW, but I could be talking rubbish ;)

seventiesdolly 13:08 10 Oct 05

I've been able to save stuff to cd before now uing windows built in cd burning programme, it's just this recovery disc thing. I think i'll ty using a plain non-RW disc and see how it goes. Thanks for your help guys.

GroupFC 15:24 10 Oct 05

I might have got hold of completely the wrong end of the stick here (nothing new there!), but windows built in cd burning programme, doesn't support burning to DVD so if that is how you are trying to do it, it won't work!

David4637 15:31 10 Oct 05

GroupFC - you are correct, only burn to CD. David

seventiesdolly 15:51 10 Oct 05

Oops! That's probably why I can't do it then - i've only used cds before....what would I need to use then?

Chegs ® 16:31 10 Oct 05

Nero/Easy DVD Creator/DeepBurner(freeware)etc.

GroupFC 16:37 10 Oct 05

and a DVD writer! - although of course if it's a new machine it may have come with one!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…