Recovery of deleted files

PCA reader 15:13 14 Mar 08

Have Googled for products to perform above but there are hundreds.
Does anyone have any recommendations please?
Preferably Freeware (obviously) but willing to purchase if necessary.
Ideaaly should be able to recover all deleted files exts although I ma primarily interested in retrieving some .doc and .xls files which were deleted and cleared from the recycle bin.

Cheers,
John

rdave13 16:45 14 Mar 08

I used FreeUndelete 2 to restore some avi files I managed to delete. Restored through trial and error as I didn't find it easy to use; click here a review.

birdface 16:53 14 Mar 08

This from C Cleaner.click here Sorry I have never used it so cannot comment on it.

Wak 12:09 15 Mar 08

There are:-
FastfileUndelete, Recuva, and REST2514.
All FREE. Google for them.
Try not to use your hard drive otherwise it may overwrite the files you are trying to save.
Download FastfileUndelete onto a floppy disc and work from there.

Sapins 20:19 15 Mar 08

This Free recovery programme is very good, I have used it and it works really well.

click here

PCA reader 18:18 16 Mar 08

Thanks all.

I have tried Recuva but it didn't even find the files I wanted so I expect that they have been overwritten.

I'll try PC Inspector file recovery as Sapins suggests but don't hold out much hope.

Thanks again for your suggestions.

John

Sapins 19:18 16 Mar 08

I used pcinspector to recover 90% of some wedding photos on a digital camera card. I'm still basking in the glory:-)

Try it and let us know how you get on.

PCA reader 16:18 17 Mar 08

Good news...PCInspector recovered some of the files, rest, I assume are unrecoverable.
I'm not going to try any other products as I have recovered 3 out of the top 5 I wanted.

So, again thanks to you all.
John

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…