Recovery of deleted files

kevvyb 10:45 31 May 05

I have accidentally deleted an image file that I want to recover.

I have been looking at the plethora of programs out there that offer file recovery.

One of the best value for money appears to be "iolo search and recover" for $39 which also offers the functionality to create images of complete drives.

One very inexpensive one is Filesaver $14.95 for a short period (but this does not have disk imaging).

Before I plump for one, if anyone can make any recommendations - these or others - I would be most grateful.

hssutton 11:16 31 May 05

I had A similar problem a while back and used Zero Assumption, it's freeware and very good. But be aware it can take a long time depending on the size of your drive, and will recover a load of rubbish you did not know was on your drive. I finished up with over 8,000 images,and fortunately the one I wanted was there click here

kevvyb 13:44 17 Jun 05

Thanks for that response. Wnet for Iolo Search and recover in the end. Pretty quick on quite large drives and interface not bad at all.

Like all these things takes a bit of finding your way around but recovered my image file for me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…