Is recovery of deleted e mail possible?

flaming 12:51 08 Jan 08

I suppose there is no way a deleted e mail can be recovered, please? A yes or no would put me out of my misery, and if there is a way kindly tell me! Today, I was too quick in deleting items in my In Box. I deleted one I now want. Thanks.

Clapton is God 12:54 08 Jan 08
  silverous 12:56 08 Jan 08

Depends on where your email is. Do you use web mail (hotmail etc.) ? Do you use Oulook? Is it Internet email or are you in a corporate envionrment?

Lots of email programs (e.g. outlook) have a "Deleted Items" folder where your delete emails will be unless you either pressed shift+delete or emptied the folder.

In a corporate environment with Exchange server in the background there are other considerations.

Hope this helps.

silverous 12:56 08 Jan 08

Sorry for appalling spelling - Oulook=Outlook and envionrment=environment!

johnnyrocker 12:58 08 Jan 08

you may be lucky enough that you have sent it only as far as your deleted folder in which case just transfer it back? other wise solutions above look good.

johnny

babybell 13:34 08 Jan 08

If your using Outlook Express then highlight your deleted items folder then go up to tools and click "Recover Deleted Items"

colinb1604 22:08 08 Jan 08

When I downloaded incredimail, It went back 40 E-mails when I first logged on. Try That , and then you can always delete it if you dont want it.

babybell, When you highlight deleted folder how do you get the option to 'recover deleted items' ?

flaming 22:43 08 Jan 08

Colinb1064 and all: I think I had better leave well alone, although I have installed incredimail. I don't know how one gets on with this free stuff. Do they apply after so many days to see if a person will oay up? And I don't really know what I have installed. I had better uninstal it if I can see how. I hope I haven't made a new mistake. I don't really see the point of incredimail for me. I just like a plain send/receive e mail service.
I should have said - I do not use Outlook. There was such a fuss when I bought my stuff I left it along. I send and receive by Hotmail (Classic).
Someone sent me an e mail. I'd like to see what it said but it isn't the end of the world if I don't. I think instructions are too advanced for me, anyhow. Thanks all.

flaming 22:44 08 Jan 08

Colinb1064 and all: I think I had better leave well alone, although I have installed incredimail. I don't know how one gets on with this free stuff. Do they apply after so many days to see if a person will oay up? And I don't really know what I have installed. I had better uninstal it if I can see how. I hope I haven't made a new mistake. I don't really see the point of incredimail for me. I just like a plain send/receive e mail service.
I should have said - I do not use Outlook. There was such a fuss when I bought my stuff I left it along. I send and receive by Hotmail (Classic).
Someone sent me an e mail. I'd like to see what it said but it isn't the end of the world if I don't. I think instructions are too advanced for me, anyhow. Thanks all.

Stuartli 22:54 08 Jan 08

Try typing:

.dbx

into the Search box (Search all files and folders).

Also see:

click here

Stuartli 23:09 08 Jan 08

Installing Thunderbird (temporarily if you wish) and importing OE e-mail folders often brings up hundreds of apparently lost or deleted e-mails.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…