Recovery Consul will not start

Fruit Bat 18:27 26 May 04

Recovery consul will noloner start since I changed Hdrive letters with Parttion manager 8.

Have tried direct from XP pro CD and also have it installed as dual boot on C drive.

As it nolonger works how can I now delete it from the C drive and get rid of the dual boot menu on start up?

Thanks in anticipation.

buscrew 18:30 26 May 04

click here go to the alphabetical link at the top, click on R and go to the recovery consol installation guide and follow the steps given in the uninstall guide.

buscrew 18:32 26 May 04

Removing the Recovery Console
Restart your computer, click Start, click My Computer, and then double-click the hard disk on which you installed the Recovery Console.
On the Tools menu, click Folder Options, and then click the View tab.
Click Show hidden files and folders, click to clear the Hide protected operating system files check box, and then click OK.
At the root folder, delete the Cmdcons folder and the Cmldr file.
At the root folder, right-click the Boot.ini file, and then click Properties.
Click to clear the Read-only check box, and then click OK.
WARNING: Modifying the Boot.ini file incorrectly may prevent your computer from restarting. Be sure to delete only the entry for the Recovery Console. Also, it is recommended that you change the attribute for the Boot.ini file back to a read-only state after you complete this procedure. Open the Boot.ini file in Microsoft Windows Notepad, and remove the entry for the Recovery Console. It looks similar to this:
C:\cmdcons\bootsect.dat="Microsoft Windows Recovery Console" /cmdcons

Save the file and close it.
Better still I've done it for you

Fruit Bat 18:54 26 May 04

Thanks buscrew

Worked a treat no dual boot now but unfortunately internet explorer decided to pack up just done an IE repair and now back online.

Thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant