recovery console tool

Hucky 11:06 28 Jan 05

iam trying 2 boot up and all i get is windows\system32\config\system
i have been told to use the recovery console tool
but i dont know how....can u help?

JIM 11:36 28 Jan 05

When you are booting up your system, press the F8 key during the start of the bootup sequence, after the power on self test.

Once you press the F8 key,(keep pressing it) you will be taken to a menu. Select, "Boot Using Last Known Good Configuration".
It will attempt to load Windows XP using a past set of configuration files.

ventanas 11:37 28 Jan 05

You need to know what you are doing with the recovery Console click here for some information.

Hucky 11:49 28 Jan 05

goes back to the windows\system32\config\system

georgemac © 11:58 28 Jan 05

click here which was written by forum member powerless and is excellent

JIM 12:03 28 Jan 05

I take it your "goes back to the windows etc) is in reply to my post? Have you run a SFC /SCANNOW at all?

Remember, ventanas advice (with the recovery console)

You may be better giving us more "info on what has been happening of late" if anything.

Do you have Service pack 1,or 2 running.

ventanas 12:09 28 Jan 05

Good point, Hucky is there anything else in the message relating to the Recovery Console. Some indication as what has to be fixed for instance.

Hucky 12:25 28 Jan 05

service pack 1....SFC /SCANNOW not done...even tried boot up from cd....

Hucky 12:31 28 Jan 05

how do i SFC /SCANNOW please

JIM 12:42 28 Jan 05

Go to start,then run,type in sfc /scannow with a "space" between the sfc and / scannow.

Have your windows cd/recovery disk ready to put in drive when asked.Will take 10/15 mins or more.You will see no indication when finished, bar no activity in the cd drive.Reboot let us know what happens.

rsturbo 12:44 28 Jan 05

to the top

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…