Recovery / Backup for multi-boot operating systems

CLONNEN 19:25 11 Nov 05

My computer has 3 operating systems (3 partitions) installed on the hard disk.

I am currently looking for a backup / recovery solution for my setup.

Would a software solution such as Acronis True Image or Ghost be appropriate? I have tried True Image once before and it didn't work on my hard disk because it detected "bad sectors".

There are some PCI Recovery Cards for sale on Ebay - would one of these work?

CLONNEN 20:03 11 Nov 05

I am planning to reinstall all three operating systems onto a brand new hard disk - hopefully it won't have any "bad sectors".

Might give True Image another try. Is Ghost any good does anyone know?

How long does True Image take to do a system recovery?

Como2 20:24 11 Nov 05

Download and try the free 15 day trial of TrueImage,burn a rescue CD from TrueImage and boot from it make sure you can see all your drives from within TrueImage including wherever you are going to save the images. You will find that although you can create images you will not be able to restore any with the Trial
If you have any problems report them to Acronis and they will try to help you, also have a look at their forum

CLONNEN 20:33 11 Nov 05

Does Acronis True Image work with network drives? This would be the location of the backup Image.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…