Recovering photographs

dangerusone 09:39 06 Apr 08

I have been given a home made DVD containing a mass of old photographs of Rotherham which is most enjoyable, the problem is it seems to be based on a slideshow format. Is there any program that I could use to break them back down to individual photographs again.
The files on the DVD consist of the usual
IFO -> BUP -> VOB Files.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

eedcam 11:04 06 Apr 08

At the moment cant think of a programme that would do it .Is this so you can view individually on another disc/format to give random access to yuor choice or to copy each photo the slow way would be a capture shot of each photo . With vlc player its free
click here
You only need the Vts_vob file or just use what you normally use on the pc and capture as required

dangerusone 11:21 06 Apr 08

I think an earlier post by "Olly" re. Capturing scenes from a DVD contains the answer for me.
Thanks "eedcam" for the VLC answer, that seems to be the way to go.

eedcam 11:47 06 Apr 08

Dangerus this is just what you need its free and will batch capture Its casled Topaz and its here
click here

dangerusone 13:32 06 Apr 08

Thanks eedcam for that, I've downloaded Topaz Moment you recommended as it looks the complete answer to what I want to do.
Many thanks for the advice

eedcam 14:07 06 Apr 08

My Pleasure hope it works ok

Fermat's Theorem 15:02 06 Apr 08

and it works but it might be well worthwhile checking the contents of the dvd through Windows Explorer. Quite often the software used to generate the slide show will also have the option to include the original jpegs.

The individual shots may be already on your disk :-)

eedcam 18:28 06 Apr 08

Curious How would that work if the dvd is a fully compliant dvd all the pics are in the ts folder which you cannot explore .Yes if its just images put on a dvd as Iso but thats not the same thing

Fermat's Theorem 21:10 06 Apr 08

Hi. I use Pro Show Gold to generate Slideshow DVDs. One of the options is to include the original photos - which I invariably do.

Just thought that maybe the "homemade dvd" referred to by dangerus1 may have been so generated :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5