Recovering a "lost" shortcut

GEORGE-265425 17:36 12 Oct 04

Recently I have noticed that by clicking on START-ALL PROGRAMS-ACCESSORIES, the shortcut menu listing for Program Compatibility Wizard has somehow disappeared from the list in Windows XP.

The program itself is still there on the PC, accessed via the Help & Support Center, and still works however it's a pain to access this way instead of using the much better ( and faster) shortcut menu.

Does anyone out there have any idea how I can restore this item to the menu and moreover how it was apparently "lost" in the first place ?

Thanks in anticipation.

Mercman

alan227 18:01 12 Oct 04

Have you tried doing a system restore back to when it did work.

THE TERMINATOR 21:03 12 Oct 04

You can only access this via help and support, unless you know someone who has a pc and can copy the shortcut onto a floppy

Eastender 23:16 12 Oct 04

Right click Start, choose Open, Open the Programs Folder then the Accessories. Right click in the spare space, choose New then Shortcut. Copy and paste the following into the box and click next...

hcp://system/compatctr/compatmode.htm

The shortcut will appear as New Internet Shortcut so just rename it.

GEORGE-265425 11:43 13 Oct 04

My thanks to "Eastender" for offering a successful resolution to the problem.
Worked first time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…