Recovering lost data - from internet downloads

Spook Tooth 09:04 10 Mar 03

Reneging on what I said, I need some quick advice or answer to the question of whether or not it is possible to recover an incomplete download using the Windows download utility that does not support 'suspend and resume'.

I'm currently downloading a 100MB file and unfortunately the site does not authenticate download manage utilities. I am frightened my dodgy connection (ADSL as it is though) will conk out at some point and need to know what (if anything) I can do to save what has downloading but leaves no trace.

Thanks!!

Spook Tooth 09:52 10 Mar 03

No takers?

Well I've downloaded the file now (phew) but would still like to know what can be done in the case of loss of internet connection and I think, having the answer archived would help too.

Somebody will at some point find it useful and all I could find myself was this not so smart link click here.

Spook Tooth 00:24 11 Mar 03

Well this request went down like a lead balloon, like usual.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…