Recovering files from a formatted hard drive

Aiptek 22:45 30 Mar 03

I’ve got a 40gb hard drive. And I had partitioned the hard drive into 4 parts. On the C: drive I had the windows 2000 and on the D: drive I had winXP. And the D: drive was partitioned as NTFS and the rest 3 as Fat32. So I wanted to Format the D: drive and install windows XP again. I used windows 98 start-up disk and formatted the D: drive. When I restarted the windows I realised that I had formatted the E: drive instead. Because the start up disk doesn’t recognise NTFS format. I had important documents on the E: drive. Is there anyway I can get them files back using any software’s?

Thanking the helpers in Advance

rct 22:58 30 Mar 03

click here

Hope this helps ;-)

woodchip 23:03 30 Mar 03

Norton as a unformat and undelete in it's utilities program that work's well

Aiptek 23:32 30 Mar 03

Thanks rct for your help. Are'nt there any freeware avaliable. I dont have my credit card on me at the moment.

Aiptek 00:03 31 Mar 03

User-312386 00:09 31 Mar 03

yes there is

i have it on disc somewhere

it is free ware

e-mail me and i will e-mail you back "fast file undelete"

woodchip 00:21 31 Mar 03

Go to find files, type unformat click here

Aiptek 07:02 31 Mar 03

Thanks woodchip for your help. Do I type that command in Dos?

Office 09:49 31 Mar 03

I’m having nightmare. I’ve been building pc’s for the last two years and never came across to this kind of problem.

I’ve just built a pc. The motherboard is PC Chips 810LMR V7.X 266FSB MATX Socket A Video Sound Lan Motherboard. The processor is 1.7Xp, 256mb ram and 40gb hard drive. I’ve connected all the wires and then started the pc. The pc boots up but I can’t hear the beep sound. And I also can’t see anything on the screen. So I changed the processor to 1.3ghz. The pc started and blow up the processor. I could tell by the smell. And way I built another pc replacing it with a brand new motherboard and processor. Again the pc starts and I cant hear the beep sound nor anything comes up on the screen.

Can anyone tell me where I’m going wrong?

Ben Avery (Work) 09:56 31 Mar 03

Put this into a new discussion as nobody will be able to find your problem by looking here.

Click on "Start new subject" at the top of the screen, then put in "Problems building a PC" as the thread title and copy and paste your info frm above. People will then be able to help you out a lot better.

Ok mate?

MAJ 09:56 31 Mar 03

You've posted in the wrong place to start with, Office. Start a new thread for your problem, that way you will get notification of any replies to your query.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…