Recovering files after HD crash

m800afc 12:04 04 Jan 07

My HD crashed last year and I have been trying to recover the files from it. I have tried a lot of the suggestions of forum contributors, but I have failed to recover anything. I am convinced the MBR on the HD is damaged. On my computer the drive displays as Local Disk (D:) but I am unable to access it at all. All of the recovery applications I have tried attempt to recover damaged or deleted files, but I think the files I am looking for are still intact as the recovery utilities do not display them if you see what I mean. How can I recover the "Intact" files from the disc?

stylehurst 14:05 04 Jan 07

Is it worth considering using either BartPE, or Knoppix Linux live CD as a method to access the damaged hard drive? Either of these options, especially the Knoppix Linux may work better than the recovery utilities you have tried in the past.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…