Recovering emails Outlook Express

pienter 20:21 14 Mar 05

To get rid of malware I have had to reload Windows 98SE after renaming the old Windows folder. The new version of Outlook Express works fine except that old emails no longer appear in the Inbox. I have located a set of *.dbx files in a sub-folder of Identities in the previous Windows folder, but how do I get these to show up in the Inbox? Import does not work as this seems to be intended only for importing from other email programmes.

Carpigiani 21:09 14 Mar 05

You could copy & paste 'inbox.dbx'from the old identities folder to the new one.

Wak 21:10 14 Mar 05

Hi Ken, I can't help with your problem direct but there is a firm click here who supply a free program called OE Reader which will read all dbx files.
Put the name in Google.

Carpigiani 21:11 14 Mar 05

Obviosly I meant the Outlook Express sub-folder of identities.

Carpigiani 21:25 14 Mar 05

If you have any problem finding where to paste your indox.dbx the easy way to find where your messages are stored is to go to:

Outlook Express/Tools/Options/Maintenance/Store Folder

pienter 19:41 17 Mar 05

Thanks for the suggestions. I am afraid they didn't work, but what did work was to go to File/Import/Messages/MS Outlook Express 6/Import from a Store Directory/ and then browse until the folder where the *.dbx files are located. After importing, these appear among the Local Folders of the new Outlook Express screen.

rawsongreen 17:46 18 Mar 05

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…