Recovering Emails

Reggie1 07:40 27 Oct 04

Can anyone help.... I have had a serious problem with my computer, fortunately as it now stands the only thing I cannot recover are all my e-mails.
Does any one have any ideas as to how I can recover the old e-mails...

Thanks Reg

Danoh 08:42 27 Oct 04

Presumably you can access your HDD and "My Documents" folder to copy out your data? Which operating system are you using?

Reggie1 09:16 27 Oct 04

The OS is 98s computer is up and running. Just cannot locate any old emails or contacts.
Reg

Danoh 10:04 27 Oct 04

I'll assume your email program is Outlook or Outlook express. Type in Outlook in the search box within this forums web pages (left hand side) and you will get loads of threads covering similar topics.

I am only familiar with Outlook 2002 or XP and Windows XP folder locations.

In Outlook, you can export your Contacts as a file to whatever location/folder you wish (Top tool bar File>Import/Export). The emails themselves are stored within "xxxx.pst" files. You can do a search on your C: drive for them.

Reggie1 12:26 18 Dec 05

This may be a stupid question....

Are you limited to the amount of broadband connections you can have?
At present I am with BT and connected at 512, earlier in the year I did get upgrade to 1mb, but I kept loosing the connection after 5 minutes, and more than not - I could even get a connection, so after spending much time to BT support, decide to go back to 512.

I have now been approached by Bulldog who claims I can achieve 1mb connection at a much low price. How ever am concerned due to my experience.

Any comments or advice would be appreciated

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple