recovering e-mails

alythman 11:13 07 Sep 06

I have been given a hard drive from a friend who has asked me if it is possible to connect the drive as a slave to my computer to see if i can access and save the e-mails they had on it. I have connected the drive to my computer as a slave, and can access the folders easily enough, but for the life of me, I cannot find where I could get hold of the e-mails. Can someone please give me a path to go through so I can recover them please? Thanks in advance!

SANTOS7 11:16 07 Sep 06

search for .DBX files

johnnyrocker 11:16 07 Sep 06

if oe you need to search for *dbx files if outlook i believe it is pst.

johnny.

Gongoozler 11:22 07 Sep 06

Search for all files with the extension .dbx. Have a look at my posting in this thread click here to see how you can read the files on your backup drive. Ignore the bit in the posting about the Store Folder, that's to find the files on the main drive.

anchor 16:31 07 Sep 06

Were they using Outlook, or Outlook Express?.

As johnnyrocker said, *.dbx are Outlook Express files, *.pst files are are for Outlook.

alythman 09:36 10 Sep 06

Thanks for all of your help people. I accessed all of the *.dbx files through a search.

Gongoozler 11:32 10 Sep 06

To view emails in backed up dbx files, have a look at my posting in this forum click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…