Recovering from disaster SP2 and Norton Problems

Haylyn 14:13 18 Aug 05

I have just had to reformat my hd from scratch as could not access any files via windows.

Have still got SP2 disk it loads up to a certain point, then I get message wrong file handle and installation ceases.
Also unable to reinstall Norton Internet 2005 just keep getting error message re live update and installation ceases.

Am running windows xp home on pentium 4 imedia computer. Have only dial up payasyougo access to internet at home, although have broadband at college so can download programs. Have put Zone Alarm and Virus programs on for time being.

Any help would be appreciated

Lynda

Klof Ron 14:42 18 Aug 05

When I had SP2 installation problems I contacted MS and was advised to install it in safe mode, it went in in under 6 minutes with no problems. Regarding Norton there is a file that can be downloaded from their site to remove all traces of the AV and related products, you can then do a clean re-install. I will look for a link and post it here, unless someone beats me to it.

Klof Ron 14:48 18 Aug 05

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…