Recovering Deleted Internet History

paleblue 15:07 20 Sep 05

Hi,

Is there any way that I can restore a deleted explorer history without having to buy any expensive software? I need to check some previous history whilst I was out of the country for 2 weeks, but the user has deleted all internet history, cookies etc.

I am running win 2k.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

lotvic 15:46 20 Sep 05

Not a solution but more info that you may find useful: click here

""""Internet Explorer for Windows
In Microsoft Internet Explorer for Windows, it is currently impossible to completely erase all traces of your browsing history without additional software. I have written a free program which correctly erases your Internet Explorer browsing history, which I recommend you try first, since it is free and effective for most users. If the program does not work for you, contact us with a detailed problem report.
The following steps will allow you to manually remove some of your browsing history information, but there will still be many traces of your browsing history which professionals could quickly locate.

In Internet Explorer, follow these steps to erase your browsing history from the "history" window.

1. Make the following sequence of menu choices:

Tools -> Options -> Internet Options -> General

2. Click "Delete Files," then "OK."

3. Click "Delete Cookies," then "OK."

4. Click "Clear History," then "Yes."

Internet Explorer may also remember your form entries for you, which can result in past searches appearing in a drop-down box when typing in search keywords on your favorite search engine or similar. To erase this information, follow this sequence of menu choices:

Tools -> Internet Options -> Content -> AutoComplete -> Clear Forms

You can also clear the "Forms" checkbox to prevent the program from trying to recall your form selections for you in the future. """"""

or trying a google search for 'recover internet history' I came up with: Smart Undelete - Retrieve and restore free trial version click here That's just one of them there were others listed in google

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…