Recovering deleted files

Stoko 10:39 07 Jul 04

Is there a way of recovering files from the hard disk from a recently deleted account's "My Documents" in Windows XP Home ?

VoG II 11:01 07 Jul 04

Try Drive Rescue click here

You will need to run this off a different drive (e.g. floppy).

seedie 11:02 07 Jul 04

I've used PCInspector recovery with succes for this sort of thing, but you must bear in mind that the system regards the deletd files as free space and will overwrite it (sooner or later). If you have acces to another computer download 'inspector and you'll find the working bit will fit on a floppy, but it's not keen on recovering to the same drive as the deleted files.
The three basic rules for computers are; keep a backup, keep a backup, and keep a backup :))

Good luck

CD

Wak 11:31 07 Jul 04

Hi, there's also a program called FastFileUndelete which I have used with success.
Look it up in Google.
Version 1.0 is a FREE download and can be saved to a floppy so that it doesn't overwrite your files on the hard drive.
When you see all the files listed on your hard drive in FFU, some of them may have had the first letter altered by Windows when deleted but they can still be saved (restored) and the first letter changed back to what it was later.
Best of luck.

Wak 11:38 07 Jul 04

I've just checked the web site and they don't seem to list a Version 1.0 (FREE) now so E-mail me if you would like a copy.

Stoko 15:19 07 Jul 04

VoG, tried Drive Rescue v1.9D and Restoration v2.5.14 and they can't find the files.

Seedie, PCInspector is no use as I have NTFS format. Thanks for trying guys.

Wak, I have e-mailed you requesting a copy of the programe you suggested so thanks in anticipation.

;>)

Stoko

AndySD 15:24 07 Jul 04

Ok the problem is the more you use the drive the less chance you have of getting everything back. If you can move the drive to a second pc as the slave drive and run the data recovery progran fron the other pcs drive then this is the best option. If not then use a data recovery program on your pc but you may lose some of what you are trying to save. The program you were looking at costs £31 ... there is a free one click here but my personal favorite is a bit more expensive click here

Wak 16:34 07 Jul 04

File sent at 13.07pm.
Please unzip to Floppy to save your hard drive and then read the HELP file.

Baslla321 16:50 07 Jul 04

I have win xp pro and I once used Rest2514. Get it via Google please.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…