Recovering data from a Maxell Super Disk

UncleP 23:12 08 Jun 04

A relative of mine has some valuable data stored on a Maxell 120Mb Super Disk. Unfortunately his computer has recently gone 'belly up' and he has been unable to find a replacement machine to read the data and (preferably) transfer it to a CD - he lives in the wilds of Suffolk, after all.

I must admit that I'm unfamiliar with this means of storage. Maxell still advertise this disk on their website, but I can find no reference to current machines with this facility. Has it been superceded by alternative technologies? If so, does anyone know of an agency who might transfer the data for him, either in the Ipswich area or in Kingston or Richmond. He does not want to send it through the post.

pj123 23:25 08 Jun 04

I'm afraid if he wants it recovered and transferred to another media he is going to have to send it through the post. I have a PC with a 120mb disk drive and I would be very happy to do the transfer for him. I am in Norwich. email me if this is acceptable.

UncleP 23:20 10 Jun 04

Many thanks for your generous offer. I have e-mailed him with the details and am waiting for a reply. I'll contact you when I receive it - but he is not known for lightning-fast decisions!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…