Recovered from a serious error

ACOLYTE 19:48 29 Dec 05

Booted my pc today and got this message,apparently a device driver caused it but what im asking is do these things usually corrupt the system/security logs because mine are and i cant find a way to get them to show anymore keeps saying they are corrupt,also all the allowed app's were removed from my firewall so i had to add them again.

ACOLYTE 12:26 30 Dec 05

Anyone know how to delete the old logs as they are corrupt.

woodchip 12:31 30 Dec 05

No but if you have a recent Restore point why not run it

ACOLYTE 19:18 30 Dec 05

I wish i could but the restore points were deleted with the error,i already tried.

woodchip 19:20 30 Dec 05

Have you tried

SFC /SCANNOW the XP disc in comp

woodchip 19:24 30 Dec 05
  ACOLYTE 19:27 30 Dec 05

Yep i tried all the usuall stuff and as far as i can tell i need to delete the old log so windows can make a new one,as everythink it adds to it becomes corrupt,i just cant find where the old logs are kept.SFC doesnt replace the logs as far as i can tell,well i still got the same thing after i tried it.The firewall thing i have already sorted but this logs stuff has me perplexed.

ACOLYTE 19:29 30 Dec 05

Sorry your post overlaped mine,i opened your click here and to be honest i cant understand it lol.

woodchip 19:44 30 Dec 05

That's what I have found while looking around for answer.

It may be best to run XP Repair with CD in. But you will have to Download all updates again if you do not have a Image file

ACOLYTE 12:31 03 Jan 06

This seems to have sorted itself out the logs are back to mormal,thx for the help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…