Recovered Documents

I have some Windows 98 machines with Office 2000 on. When I open Word 2000 every single time I get some recovered documents everytime. Is there a way I can stop these documents appearing when i open Word 2000.

Cheers

Steve

hugh-265156 15:37 20 Oct 03

i may be wrong but i think word will try to recover documents on starting it if it was not shut down correctly.this may be why they are appearing.as above i may be wrong.

Taff36 15:47 20 Oct 03

You are absolutely correct. In Word 97 the last document would be recovered automatically if say for example the computer shut down unexpectedly. In Word 2002 a pane opens with any documents that were open and offers to recover them or delete them. But I`m not sure exactly what Word 2000 does.

The message is I think find out why Word is not shutting down properly. Does Word 2000 have a DETECT & REPAIR option under the HELP menu?

R4 16:08 20 Oct 03

Yep. Help & repair is on the 'HELP' dropdown menu

wx622 16:12 20 Oct 03

I would not use Detect and Repair in Office 2000. Firstly, it doesn't get rid of the problems you want it to, and secondly it can sometimes create more hassle for you to clean up afterward. I suggest that you install the latest update from click here
, then see if the problem has gone away. If this is not the case, reinstall your Office application. ( trust me, with an annoying and not bad problem like this, "detect and repair" will do nothing whatsoever.)

The thing is that the program is not being shut down illegally it is being shut down properly, thats the only thing that is confusing me

Cheers

Steve

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…