Recover Space from toasted CD

siliconbits 19:46 15 Feb 03

I've got tens of CDROMS which were produced randomly by my CDWriter (LG 24x) and Roxis Easy CD Creator 5.0 SE over time.
I would like to know whether there exists a way of recovering data ie, using them again, scraping the "dead" zone and using what remains (from 600 to 400Mb free...).
Ideally, the software should close any session and start a new one, EZCD creator can't do it. I've tried it

Taran 22:13 15 Feb 03

Try selecting the option to continue a multi-session CD. If you closed the CD on your first burn though, you closed it for good and can't add more to it, even if your first burn to it only consisted of a few megabytes.

When burning to CDR, unless you have enough data to fill the disk, you should set the disk as a multi-session CD without closing the disk itself. This closes each session but allows further sessions to be added.

-pops- 06:53 16 Feb 03

Is it really worth doing?

CDRs are so cheap these days it hardly seems worth the effort of recovering space like this.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…