Recover Photos from corrupt SD Card

raysophie 09:06 AM 17 May 11

I have a 2gb SD card which has photos on it . I inserted it into the wrong slot on my card reader and it must have blown up card. When I put it in the correct slot the small indicator light flashes but the computer cannot read it, when in the camera it says 'Memory Card Error Please check the card' I tried a recovery program from the internet which scanned the card and said there were no recoverable files,(when I uninstalled this program it messed up my computer so am reluctant to try any others. Is there any way that these photos can be recovered ? Thanks Ray

raysophie 11:29 AM 17 May 11

Thanks tried this but unable to read 'J' drive which has the SD carc in it, read all other drives OK.

Terry Brown 14:34 PM 17 May 11

I assume you have tried to read it from the camera?

If the photo's are important to you, you may have to go to a shop (like Jessops)and ask them to recover them for you, however there will be a charge- How much - No Idea, Ask.

raysophie 20:06 PM 17 May 11

Will try Jessops tomorrow but do ot hold out too much hope as I cannot read card on camera or computer, did read somewhere that the card can be take to bits and read but that does seem a bit of an absolute last resort.

daz60 22:44 PM 17 May 11

I wonder if you can look into these. Never tried them myself but they look useful. link text

link text

advantage is they are not installed on your machine.

Sapins 20:49 PM 29 May 11

I have used this with some success, it's free and Norton has scanned it and declared it OK.

link text

Nontek 13:02 PM 31 May 11

This little direct download is generally excellent at recovering images from cards, exactly what it was intended for.

Recovered images can be found in the programs own folder, or you could create a New Folder on your Desktop and direct the program to use that new folder as the Destination.

iscanut2 19:53 PM 31 May 11

Were Jessops of any help ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know