Recover Photos from corrupt SD Card

raysophie 09:06 AM 17 May 11

I have a 2gb SD card which has photos on it . I inserted it into the wrong slot on my card reader and it must have blown up card. When I put it in the correct slot the small indicator light flashes but the computer cannot read it, when in the camera it says 'Memory Card Error Please check the card' I tried a recovery program from the internet which scanned the card and said there were no recoverable files,(when I uninstalled this program it messed up my computer so am reluctant to try any others. Is there any way that these photos can be recovered ? Thanks Ray

raysophie 11:29 AM 17 May 11

Thanks tried this but unable to read 'J' drive which has the SD carc in it, read all other drives OK.

Terry Brown 14:34 PM 17 May 11

I assume you have tried to read it from the camera?

If the photo's are important to you, you may have to go to a shop (like Jessops)and ask them to recover them for you, however there will be a charge- How much - No Idea, Ask.

Terry

raysophie 20:06 PM 17 May 11

Will try Jessops tomorrow but do ot hold out too much hope as I cannot read card on camera or computer, did read somewhere that the card can be take to bits and read but that does seem a bit of an absolute last resort.

daz60 22:44 PM 17 May 11

I wonder if you can look into these. Never tried them myself but they look useful. link text

link text

advantage is they are not installed on your machine.

Sapins 20:49 PM 29 May 11

I have used this with some success, it's free and Norton has scanned it and declared it OK.

link text

Nontek 13:02 PM 31 May 11

This little direct download is generally excellent at recovering images from cards, exactly what it was intended for.

http://www.rcc-ltd.co.uk/CampicRestor.zip

Recovered images can be found in the programs own folder, or you could create a New Folder on your Desktop and direct the program to use that new folder as the Destination.

iscanut2 19:53 PM 31 May 11

Were Jessops of any help ?

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Sony Xperia Z5 launch live: Sony Xperia Z5 live video stream from IFA 2015 - watch…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Google's new logo was redesigned

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites