Recover my PC to earlier state...

digishank 15:04 15 Feb 09

Hi,

I have windows XP service pack 2 and few hours ago it was working super fine.However i installed a windows vista theme over the XP and suddenly my pc began to work slow.then i un-installed the theme and now it gives various kind of errors.( Missing Dlls and registry key errors)

I have just format my PC few weeks back and i can't format it again cause i dnt have time to do it these days.I a super busy with my exams and no time to find and install all the softwares i have now.Can any of you give a good solution for me except re-installing the XP.

User-1229748 15:07 15 Feb 09

could try a repair instead of reinstalling

digishank 15:09 15 Feb 09

yes i tried it before.but then i have to re-install all the softwares right...?

rawprawn 15:14 15 Feb 09

No, Repair will leave all your data as it is, only the updates will need replacing
click here

rawprawn 15:17 15 Feb 09

You could also try a system file check.
Go to Start> Run> type sfc /scannow and hit enter
you will need your XP Disk. This will replace any lost or corrupt files, and it is quicker than repair.

digishank 15:18 15 Feb 09

thanks i'll try that and tell you what happened...!

rawprawn 15:29 15 Feb 09

Watch the gap between sfc and /scannow

digishank 15:51 28 Feb 09

sorry for the late reply.i was out of home from few days.i tried both system file check and repairing the windows.But in repairing i gets an error message and restarts.No time to even read the error message.

however today my friend told me to try with a registry cleaner called JV Powertools 2009.He said it had helped him a lot for slow pc performance and to resolve registry errors.so i am going to have a shy on it.

thanks for all of your help.really appreciate it.if this also didn't worked i think i may have no other option rather than formatting it. isn't it.Anyway i'll let you guys know what happened

lotvic 20:37 28 Feb 09

Blessed are they that have Acronis True Image or similar.

Saves a lot of hassle, suggest you get ATI for the future - you would have been back up and working within half an hour or less and no updating etc to do.

If any of your harddrives are either Seagate or Maxtor you get ATI as a freebie it's called Maxblast 5 click here or Discwizard click here (both are from Seagate.com)
click on 'Learn more' about DiscWizard to download the .pdf from Seagate.com Chapter 5 tells you how to make the Image to restore.

As long as you have one of either a Seagate or Maxtor drive attached it will work - and all for free.

birdface 21:20 28 Feb 09

Why not try a System Restore in safe mode.Back to a time before you installed the Vista theme.

wala lang 14:11 01 Mar 09

just repair the os want you want

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…