recover lost product key Windows XP.

jack 12:08 06 May 10

In a recent post a non operating scanner proved to OK when tried on another machine.
Implication therefore duff cable or a Windows[XP Home] problem.
The owner has the Window Home Disk- stored in a CD wallet and has discarded the original jewel case.
So it may be likely this item will be needed if I under take repair or reinstall operations.
A Google of recovery tools- some of which have to be paid for- some are free and one my protection blocked as a dangerous site.

Any comments please on Product Key recovery would be most welcome

VoG II 12:11 06 May 10

Try this click here

kristain 12:14 06 May 10

Try to download a free key finder and have it automatically search your computer for your Windows xp product key.

Hope it helps.

click here

jack 12:25 06 May 10

Have downloaded both and installed on my 'Tools'
stick

birdface 13:55 06 May 10

This from another thread.

kristain's link has nothing to do with your problem, and at best is spam. But it's also a suspect site - avoid.

Also the free version of SIW will show the product key if you look under secrets.

birdface 13:56 06 May 10

Oops.
click here

jack 20:06 06 May 10

I guess 'kristians' link must be the one my protection blocked.
But as it happens Panic I need not have- when this afternoon I returned his scanner, and whilt he was under the desk plugging in the scanner power supply, I was able to casually look his 'tower over' and there suck to the side was the Win Key label- what a clever PC builder- A local chap I had recommended

tullie 20:21 06 May 10

If your friend is using the serial number,and you use it on yours,Microsoft will reject it wont they?

lotvic 22:16 06 May 10

Your post is correct in content, But,

I think you find that Jack is repairing friends pc OS on friends pc not his.

tigertop2 22:24 06 May 10

If anyone really wants to keep a record of every licence, piece of hardware etc associated with their computer just install the free Belarc Advisor. It gives you 7 pages or more on everything you want to know about your personal PC.

See here click here

I have used it on all my PCs for many months now and it is a very effective piece of free software

jack 09:37 07 May 10

Lotvic is right tullie.
Fear not we are all on occasion guilty of misinterpretation the intent of a post.
Especially mid/late evening after dinner and perhaps a bevvie warming the gizzard.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…