Recover just emails from image

Chegs ® 14:30 21 Oct 05

I have several images of my system,and require a couple of emails from them(to resolve an issue with an Ebay seller)I dont want to restore the whole system just to get at these emails(unless I absolutely must)I used DriveImage to create one image,and TrueImage to create another.I think it should be possible to recover the emails,just need to know which part of the images these emails will be in(Windows/Program Files/Docs & Settings,etc)

splork 14:41 21 Oct 05

What OS? You need to search for .dbx files. And if you need to import them into Outlook Express make sure they're read write, if they're read only for any reason they won't import. Or you could scan the entire image with something like this click here and just cut/paste the text.

Chegs ® 14:44 21 Oct 05

OS is XP Home.

I can restore parts or the whole thing with DriveImage Explorer/TrueImage Explorer.

Will the .dbx files be in Program Files or Windows?

splork 14:50 21 Oct 05

They'll be in \Documents and Settings\ {your account name} \Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{617D53B4-1EE0-44D7-85C7-1D8A97ACE80F}\Microsoft\Outlook Express
The long number will be different though

Chegs ® 15:07 21 Oct 05

I have extracted these files(.dbx)and now wish to know howto access them.I tried setting OE to Open them,but all that happens now is my OE fires up,there is no sign of these files within OE.Notepad/Wordpad just open up with random characters showing.

splork 15:23 21 Oct 05

You need to import them, File/Import/Messages.

Chegs ® 15:26 21 Oct 05

I have been trying to import them,OE Wizard states they're inuse by OE or "No files found" (or similar message)I think its due to my trying to open them with OE,instead of importing them,now they all carry OE icons.Anyway to alter them back to unknown filetypes,so I can retry import wizard?

GroupFC 15:30 21 Oct 05

Alternatively if you just want to read them from the recovered .dbx file you need to get a small programme calleed OE viewer from click here

splork 15:35 21 Oct 05

Yes, and as I said, make sure they're not read-only. They should import with no problems.

That's a handy little prog GroupFC, new to me.

GroupFC 15:38 21 Oct 05

Yes - saves all the faffing about having to import!

I saw recommended on these pages quite a while ago now and I think a few members here have used it

beeuuem 15:40 21 Oct 05

You could try OE Reader -free- from click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…