Recover files from corrupt cd

A&D 10:50 25 Jan 05

I have been using Roxio Easy CD Creator 6 to keep copies of files as a backup by using drag and drop. My cd is now reported as corrupted and Easy CD automatically ran CheckDisc as a recovery. I can now see some files on the cd but they are meaningless to me and I cannot open them anyway. Searching Google I find several utilities for recovering corrupted cd files. Does anyone have a recommedation for one they have used successfully? Do they work for CD-R or only CD-RW?

TomJerry 10:52 25 Jan 05

free for no commercial use click here

A&D 15:18 25 Jan 05

Thanks TomJerry I downloaded isobuster and tried it. I'm afraid my ignorance of cd file formats and read/write protocols is against me but it did extract a long list of "sessions". I guessed that I needed the latest session and got it to extract user data to a hard disc folder. This gave me a file with tao extension which I then tried to open with isobuster. I got a new file which I was advised contained files with numerous errors and when I tried to extract the user data from that I was blocked unless I registered and paid for the program. I already paid a donation but not sure it's worth paying the full price - further advice welcomed.

TomJerry 16:18 25 Jan 05

another good one is CD X Rescue which was free on PCA cover disc a few months back, ask around maybe a good guy will email it to you

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…