Recover deleted contacts outlook 2007

Roadgiant 21:15 25 Jun 08

We Have just accidentally deleted some contacts in Outlook 2007 and are trying to recover them.
Can someone help me by telling me how to locate where these deleted contacts are and how to recover them.
The deleted items folder only contains mail that has been deleted and not the missing contacts.
I have done a search on the net and find several mentions of a "recover deleted items" tab in the tool bar but cannot see it.
Many Thanks
RG

wee eddie 21:29 25 Jun 08

They should be in the last .pst backup file unless you have overwritten it.

wee eddie 21:31 25 Jun 08

To avoid losing subsequent entries on the current system.

Load Outlook onto another PC and install the .pst file on it.

Roadgiant 21:35 25 Jun 08

Thanks for the quick reply, we don't unfortunately have a back up in place (Yes I know we should have!!) and if all else fails I have the contacts on a database I can use to re-input them.Where wold the last .pst file be located?
Thanks RG

wee eddie 22:13 25 Jun 08

All the information held within a copy of Outlook is stored in the form of a .pst file. If you have deleted information from within Outlook, it will no longer be on the .pst file.

I had hoped that you had a back-up available. It's easy to be wise after the event and I'm racking my brains for the "Free Program" that I use, which backs-up Outlook every week for me. Even that has it's problems because it overwrites the previous back-up, so unless I find the problem before the Back-up does its bit, I'm stuck as well.

I've just had a thought ~ Visit the M$ site and put "Back-up Outlook 2007" into the search box. Might be worth Googling that one as well.

starfish1 00:41 26 Jun 08

They are not in the recycle bin by any chance?

Roadgiant 21:58 26 Jun 08

Definitely not in the recycle bin, fortunately have found a back-up, so problem solved thanks for the help.
RG

wee eddie 12:41 27 Jun 08

The back-up will restore you to when it was made.

Anything that you have added since will likely be lost.

alacemessi 10:53 18 Oct 11

The best solution for your problem is to create another contact folder and rename it. Else you can make entire pst backup and then make another pst file. But never forget to make pst backup. If in case you fail to make restore your contacts then use a commercial pst recovery solution.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…