recover data from cd-r

plankjockey 15:03 20 May 03

I have been storing images from my digital camera (fuji finepix 2600z)since i got it last year.I was using adaptec software. I recently upgraded my computer and changed from W'98 to W'2000,my writer for a samsung (initially using sony writer)together with nero burning software. I transfered some new images onto my cd-r recently.I can now only find these new images on the cd.All of the older images appear to have gone from the disc, however when checking the disc in my computer I am informed that the cd has 649Mb and all 649Mb are used with the 24 images I recently put onto the cd.Yet the total size of all 24 images is only around 17Mb.I also am informed that these are stored/read on a UDF file system.When I checked the same cd on another computer running W'98 and adaptec software, the my computer facility informed me that the cd had 703Mb,of which 155Mb was used and 547Mb were free, and these were stored/read using CDUDF system. However I could still only access the last 24 images burnt onto the cd which account for only 17Mb of data. How can I gain access to all of the images stored onto my cd as this is the only record I have of these images, after upgrading my computer system.Thanks in anticipation to anybody out there who can sort this for me.

pepe 15:36 20 May 03

Use "Scandisk" in the tools option of Adaptec to scan the disk. If the files are recoverable it will give you the option to do so. You may lose the last images you stored before the OS upgrade.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…