Recording from Web

The Axe 21:41 15 Jul 03

What software do I need to record music directly from the Web to my P.C.

The Axe

wetterfugal? 20:27 03 Aug 03

I noticed that you have not resolved your post on recording from the web. I have had four replies to the same question click here and the only one that seems to fit is Total Recorder. I have not been able to find out if the others record from the internet.

Qmar 22:58 03 Aug 03

someone suggested audiograbber yonks ago.. there must be many free utilities to record from your soundcard .( Total recorder is a bit of a 'red herring' )

link for audiograbber free vr. is -

click here

and a summary of how to set it for online here -

click here

Gaz 25 23:04 03 Aug 03

If you have Nero Buring Rom you can use wave editor to record too.

Qmar 23:35 03 Aug 03

another (free recording to wave)
click here

Qmar 23:52 03 Aug 03

jazzypops suggestion (with a nearly eponimous name - probably go for their suggestion :)
JetAudio Basic 5.16

Qmar 00:19 04 Aug 03

click here

wetterfugal? 21:05 05 Aug 03

I have located a program "FxAdio Tools" which will record anythin from any source and it.s free.

click here

Total recorder will do the job, I have tried it but it is a free trial and is limited to 60 second per recording and I found it rather noisey. I know what a red herring is but can't see the connection is with TotalRecorder(Qmar).

The full version is about £20.

I have been trying out FxAudio and it works very well and as I said above, there is no charge.

Qmar 22:06 06 Aug 03

Audacity is a free audio editor. You can record sounds, play sounds, import and export WAV, AIFF, and MP3 files, and more. Use it to edit your sounds using Cut, Copy and Paste (with unlimited Undo), mix tracks together, or apply effects to your recordings. It also has a built-in amplitude envelope editor, a customizable spectrogram mode and a frequency analysis window for audio analysis applications. Built-in effects include Bass Boost, Wahwah, and Noise Removal, and it also supports VST plug-in effects. ( & it is possible to remove the vocals )

click here?

Qmar 22:12 06 Aug 03

this is from the FAQ..
"5. Can I record RealAudio or other streaming audio?

Not automatically. Most streaming audio, including most music delivered to the RealOne Player, Windows Media Player, and Quicktime, is specifically designed to prevent you from recording it.

Still, it's almost always still possible to record anything your computer can play by looping your sound-out jack to your sound-in/microphone jack on your computer's sound card.

Use a 1/8 inch stereo mini to 1/8 inch stereo mini cable. Connect one end to the sound-out jack on your computer or sound card (where you would plug speakers or headphones - it's often colored green). Connect the other end to the microphone or line-in jack (it's often colored red).

Now Audacity can record anything your computer plays. Press Record in Audacity, and then press Play in your streaming audio program. "

-- But firstly ,you should be able to choose 'stereomix' as the recoring source on your PC.

wetterfugal? 17:18 07 Sep 03

I have found a recorder that will record anything that comes from your sound card, I use it to record old radio shows (Handcocks Half Hour etc from BBC,

With this program you can enter the date, the start time, the end time repeat daily, weekly, monthly or just simply record manually. It is a free trial for 30 days or £25 pound to buy.

I have been using it every day for two weeks and I think it is well worth the money. I have also recorded from old time radio sites, The Maltese Falcon Radio Drama starring Humphrey Bogard and Lauran Becall and a load more. If you want to download the trial click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…