Recording voice

lazanda 13:34 29 Dec 05

I need to record my voice on to a CD. I have a mic and windows media center but the voice recorder only records 60 seconds and I need to record for about 20 minutes.

Is there anything on windows I can use ?

if not any recommendations would be great

many Thanks

Indigo 1 14:18 29 Dec 05

JetAudio from click here

It has a recording function for unlimited recording of 'What You Hear' through the PC speakers.

GroupFC 14:40 29 Dec 05

There is a way by using the sound recorder, but I am doing this from memory (the info is on my machine at home) and it is quite time consuming!

Start sound recorder and record 1 minute with nothing on, then save that as say “blank1”. Start a new recording and go >edit>insert file and locate the file “blank1”, and insert that into the new recording. Let that record to the end and you will then have a blank file 2 minutes in length and so on. You can then open the blank file and make a new recording of the required length.

I have done this myself but must admit that I have never recorded 20 mins! The most I have done this way is about 7 mins.

Alternatively your sound card may have some recording s/ware with it (my Creative sound card certainly did!).

HTH

britto 14:50 29 Dec 05

I think this can be done (up to 2 hrs ) in Windows Movie Maker,select file, record and microphone then save the.wma file

GroupFC 15:43 29 Dec 05

I think you are right - just had a quick look, but I must admit I never new that - something else for the kids to amuse themselves with!

lazanda 17:21 29 Dec 05

Will give it a go...

L.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5