Recording video to CD

WtheM 02:46 03 Jul 03

Hi, I've now recorded from the digital video camera into my computer.I believe to record this onto CD, I have to export it to a mpeg file? Could anyone tell me how, please?

y_not 05:00 03 Jul 03

I assume that you have a (very large) AVI file sat somewhere on the PC.

Download TMPGEnc click here (for free!)

Install and open the programme - navigate to the file and encode it for either SVCD or DVD writing. This assumes that you have the MPEG2 patch for your burning software....if not you need to purchase that from your burner software ssupplier.

If you are burning to a CDR you will be limited to about 35 minutes on each CD (DVD 2 to 4 hours).

SVCD's will play on a number of DVD players but not all - click here to find out if your DVD player supports SVCD's.

If this is something you intend doing on a regular basis I suggest that you have a look at your HDD space cause video files swallow massive chunks (one file about 45 minutes took 20Gb)

-pops- 06:04 03 Jul 03

Which burning software are you using?

If Nero, download the Nero Manual click here and scroll down the page. It will explain all about what you want to do.

Even if you are not using Nero, it will give useful information.

Brian

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…