recording using windows media player

pprbh 20:22 27 Nov 05

Hello

i was wondering whether anyone could tell me how to record either audio or video streams using windows media player (or other software) that i could keep on my hard drive and perhaps transfer to disk (either wav/mp3 etc). Is there software with a record button or something? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Kev.Ifty 20:52 27 Nov 05

These files.. Have you tried Right Clicking the link and Selecting SAVE AS?

I don't know if WMP will 'record' Streaming Media. But, I know this works with Flash Movies. If you search your Temp Internet files, you can copy the 'copy' to a new folder and save it that way. .

There is a Player called HiNetRecorder which claims to record Streaming Media.

click here

I have used it and it is a bit "hit and miss"

Cheers Kev.

hal_cyon 20:53 27 Nov 05

try this click here

Hal

bionicle 20:56 27 Nov 05

Replay Radio can record audio streams. You can download a limited (15 minutes) version from their website.

ade.h 22:07 27 Nov 05

AFAIK, WMP only records streams that are, in effect, downloads. This is because they have to be cached and not all streams are cached. For those that are, File and Save As works fine. For things like radio streams, you'll need an app that can capture it "live", such as Audacity. Jet Audio also has this capability, though I couldn't get it to work.

GaT7 22:11 27 Nov 05

Audacity - see ade.h's post - is free click here. G

pprbh 22:39 27 Nov 05

Thanks alot people. I've just tried Audacity and that works great and is easy to export as a wav file as well. PPrbh

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…