Recording using TV Stick

Ade_1 18:44 15 Jul 06

Hi, i have as Freemcom DVB-T stick. I want to be able to record someone im watching on my computer and play it back. It used to work fine as i could play it back in WMP. However, since i installed the Freecom DVB-T stick on my laptop it isnt working like it used to on my desktop. Now, when i record it will only let me play it back in DVB-T player and not WMP. If i attempt to play it in WMP then all that happens is a 2 second video, if that of just blankness. It actually appears as 0 seconds but the playing bar hurries along the bottom.

I was wondering if i had to configure or do something to allow it to play in WMP like it used to on my Desktop.

Thanks in advance
Aidan

sean-278262 19:18 15 Jul 06

Check what the output file type is sounds like you may have set it to output a file type WMP has problems reading. Alternatively try another player. VLC is a good alternative and has more options than WMP and if VLC wont play it then there is likely to be a problem with the file.

a

Stuartli 19:31 15 Jul 06

You may need to install MPEG2 video codecs - my Twinhan DTB-ter D+A PCI TV card records in MPG2 video.

If you download the K-lite standard audio and visual codecs pack it will serve the vast bulk of such requirements. See:

click here

Ade_1 20:12 15 Jul 06

Creature - VLC plays it but has no sound.
Stuartli, i am package now and hopefully that will play it...

Ade_1 20:12 15 Jul 06

Creature - VLC plays it but has no sound.
Stuartli, i am downloading the standard package now and hopefully that will play it...

Ade_1 20:28 15 Jul 06

Unfortunately it is not playing the file i recorded... this is with the K-Lite package.

Thanks anyway :)

Stuartli 20:39 15 Jul 06

Have you Enabled all the File Types in WMP?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…