Recording TV Programmes on a USB memory stick

geek84 09:20 AM 08 Jan 12

Hi folks

I have recently bought a new TV and after reading the manual it seems that I can record programmes on a USB Memory Stick. The TV has a USB port.

My question is - Does the USB Stick have to be of a certain memory capacity for programmes to be recorded on it, or can it be a standard one - the types which can be used to record files from a PC?

Thanks

BRYNIT 09:59 AM 08 Jan 12

To record several programs or films you would need IMO a minimum USB flash drive of 18gb to record more than one program, you would also need to check on the format the drive need to be.

As a idea of space a program lasting 40 minutes recorded on my computer from the TV card uses approx 1.5gb depending on quality of recording a film about 4gb.

Look at your instructions if it allows a USB flash drive it may also allow you to record direct to a external HD connected via USB

tonyq 10:39 AM 08 Jan 12

geek84,

I have recently bought a TV from ebuyer that as a facility to record to a USD stick. I emailed them about how much recording I could fit on a 2gb USB stick This is the reply I received.

"Thank you for your contact with our Customer Support Team.

Unfortunately we are unable to provide an exact figure of how much you could record on a 2GB USB stick as this varies a lot depending on the channel and what you are recording.

The general rule we use is 1 hour of recording per GB.

Any USB stick 32GB or smaller should work fine with this TV".

I hope this is of some help.

Terry Brown 14:38 PM 09 Jan 12

I would suggest you record onto your hard drive first then cut (or copy) to your USB stick. The reason being that the Hard drive will save data faster than a USB drive and there is less chances of error.

Terry

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 review: Why the new Start menu, Edge browser, new apps and Cortana make Windows 10 the…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Help Dan Rubin curate galleries of Adobe Stock images – and you could win a year's Creative Cloud

iPhone 6c release date rumours and images | Expect iPhone 6c to be Apple Pay ready