Recording from tapes to HDD

robbiehood 10:36 11 Feb 04

Hello - can someone advise how I can record from my music tapes to my HDD for later archiving on CD's? MS Sound Recorder only gives a very short recording time. Do I need proprietary software to do the job?
Thanks.

I use all sound recorder XP from click here It works for me.

Bagsey 11:07 11 Feb 04

^

JerryJay 11:21 11 Feb 04

CDex free click here. Works well for me.

nick_j007 11:26 11 Feb 04

hello all,

I see the windows XP one needs a sound card. I suppose that rules me out with my Dell laptop then?

Nick

No, mine has an onboard card (AC97)

Sheila-214876 11:40 11 Feb 04

I use LP Recorder and LP Ripper from click here but they are not free but are dedicated to that job. You could also try JetAudio which is free from click here Jetaudio is also a very good substitute for Realplayer.

robbiehood 11:53 11 Feb 04

Thanks all - but still problems: I'm using Win Me and sound recorder is for some reason limited to 60 seconds. My motherboard has on-board sound - will I need to get a PCI soundcard?
Thanks.

JerryJay 12:37 11 Feb 04

With CDex, you do not need sound recorder. Free and small program, easy to use. You can read user's comments on click here

JerryJay 12:41 11 Feb 04

nick_j007, most modern laptop should have onbaord sound. Check your one to see any line in port. If you do not have one, get a small external sound card for £32.27 Soundblaster Mp3+ - External USB Soundcard click here

I also use all sound recorder XP on my laptop without an external sound card, in fact I am using it now as I type.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…