Recording from tape to hard disk

Duncanf 01:05 13 Mar 03

Help please! I'm trying to convert tapes to cd via easy cd creator 5 platinum but unsure of how to initially put the music onto the hard drive before burning the cd. Also do I need to use an audio cd rather than a data one?

kuhbler 04:06 13 Mar 03

Hook a lead up from your Headphone socket of your stereo to your Line In port of your soundcard.

Make sure that the Line In Port volume is switched on. I can't help you any further as I don't use Easy CD Creator. I use Goldwave click here to record the audio in. Well worth the money. My advice is record the whole tape in, then cut it up and save each piece as an MP3 or something. Once You have all the tracks seperate, you'll be able to burn them onto a cd.

Just use a regular CD-R for burning.

stlucia 08:46 13 Mar 03

I think your best bet is to use the software that comes with your sound card to record the music onto your hard drive, and to do whatever editing you need to do. Then, when you've got the files as you want them, record them as a music CD using CD Creator.

pj123 23:14 13 Mar 03

I use 2 programmes to do this job LP Recorder and LP Ripper. Go to this site click here

LP Recorder will the record the whole tape to your hard disk and LP Ripper will split it back to separate tracks. Then burn to CDR as an Audio CD.

Duncanf 23:38 13 Mar 03

Thanks to all who responded and the problem is now solved.

penny 00:18 14 Mar 03

Hi Duncanf, what did you end up using? Just for future reference.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017