Recording tape to CD with 'Audacity'

Duncanf 20:59 26 Apr 05

I'm experimenting using a Music programme called 'Audacity' to transfer musical accompaniments from a number of tapes to CD's. Everything has gone well until I've realised I can't find how to create separate tracks.....the ten tracks have gone into one track although I have clear silent breaks on the waveforms. Also, I've saved the file as 'wav' format and it plays fine on our CD unit but would it have been better quality in 'mp3' format and would this have played on a normal CD unit?

Thanks in anticipation of your help.

frasernet 21:24 26 Apr 05

hi, been there done that. i found this programme much easier and user friendly click here i created some cd's from my old band using old rehearsal tapes and demos. brilliant! good luck.

pj123 21:27 26 Apr 05

I use LP Recorder to record to my hard disk as one long .wav file. Then LP Ripper to split them back to separate tracks before burning to CD.

click here

dogbreath1 21:55 26 Apr 05

This thread of earlier might entail some expense but it seems that the track splitting is automaticclick here

Duncanf 22:49 26 Apr 05

Thanks for all your responses, frasernet, pj123 and dogbreath1. I'll have a look at each suggestion.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…