Recording software like Fraps but not games

Hi

I use Fraps to record game videos and then edit them etc. For a dvds i like to make of my best games. Like of Commany of Heroes for example.

Any one know free ware or fairing good priced software that allows you to record desktop software I like to make a making of Video of me using Pinnacle etc and talk over it..

It records whats going on within that program ie sound , video play back etc.

Full screem into AVI or mpeg 2...

Thanks for reading

wolfie3000 00:03 30 Jan 10

Camstudio is free and iv used it alot in making tutorials for other, like how to install game patches or game mods.

You can record both sound and your desktop, also you can either record an area of the screen or the whole screen.

Well worth getting.

click here

Thank you for your reply.

The aboce program does what I wish to do how ever selecting to record audio it comes up with an error something has failed..

Any ideas please the record vol on every option is faded out.

Thanks

microphone works fine

Am on windows 7 , 64bit

sound card

Creative X- FI extrame gamer

Do you know of any other programs i cant get any sound with it.

Thank you once again

re John810 what a cheek hey should be banned

microphone works fine

Am on windows 7 , 64bit

sound card

Creative X- FI extrame gamer

Do you know of any other programs i cant get any sound with it.

Thank you once again

re John810 what a cheek hey should be banned how do you report?

Leon008 09:40 24 Mar 10

hi tucker1975

As far as I know, if you want to record gameply, there're only two screencast programs that can deal with it. Fraps and hypercam.

For making tutorial or presentation, as you mentioned, guide of using Pinnacle. You can try some Web-based screen recording service like Screenr. It allows you to record narration and publish the video online directly.

Of course those screen recording software with powerful editing features like DemoCreator and BB Flashbck are also highly recommended. You can try the trial version first.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac