Recording Sky on an HDD/DVD recorder.

ja0005 08:38 28 May 08

Apologies if this has been covered before, I've not found the right answer though.

I have a Toshiba DTV (2Scarts) A Sony DVD recorder without Freeview (2Scarts). I've just had Sky installed and have a standard box.

I am unable to record from Sky, and the programme guide on the DVD recorder is not displaying any of the Sky channels. I previously had a Freeview box that I was able to record from, but I can't seem to get it to work for the sky box. The set up I had was:

DVDR scart 1 to TV scart 1
STB TV scart to DVDR scart 2

Aerial to STB to DVDR to TV

I know I should've paid for Sky+ but......

Thanks for any help you can offer.

johnnyrocker 09:00 28 May 08

does your dvd recorder have a tuner?

johnny

ja0005 09:05 28 May 08

Hi Jonny, thanks for the reply.

It doesnt have a tuner.

johnnyrocker 09:12 28 May 08

i would think that you connect the sky box just as you previously did the freeview and record that way but first making sure the sky box is on the correct channel

johnny

ICF 09:14 28 May 08

You have set the sky box to autoview .Then set the DVD recorder to record at the correct time and select the appropriate AV channel.

ICF 09:15 28 May 08
  ja0005 09:19 28 May 08

Thanks for all the replies. I was hoping that the GuidePlus thing on my DVD recorder would pick up the Sky channels so I could just record via that.

By the looks of it this wont be possible?

johnnyrocker 09:24 28 May 08

no because it is not a sky receiver?

johnny

ja0005 09:43 28 May 08

The GuidePlus was able to pick up Freeview channels, without the recorder being a freeview receiver, so I had hoped it would do the same with the Sky channels.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…