recording records

morgueman 09:05 26 Apr 06

Hello all, i was just wondering if anyone can tell me about any good programs for recoding records to my pc, since there seems to be alot going around! I have Windows XP, thanks!

Wak 09:11 26 Apr 06

Hi, If you have Nero and Nero Wave editor then you already have all you need to put LPs and tapes on to your computer.
click here
Hope this helps.

pj123 10:41 26 Apr 06

I use LP Recorder and LP Ripper

click here

record as one long .wav file then use LP ripper to split it back to separate tracks.

You will find a free copy of LP Recorder on the March 2006 issue 128 of PC Advisor magazine.

Sethhaniel 10:46 26 Apr 06

Stereo Phono Pre-Amp??
from Maplin part number QM51F
Quote"required to connect your turntable to PC sound card for transferring LPs to CD" ;)

mole44 11:12 26 Apr 06

i use a terratec pre-amp easy to setup,plugs into your usb port and has some nice software with it,allthough i use a program from maxics to do the final track cuts.total cost about £90 but the results are brilliant so far done 41 cassettes and 25 lp`s with another 50 lp`s to go and some reel to reel stuff.

stlucia 12:32 26 Apr 06

"do you need a ... Stereo Phono Pre-Amp??"

Yes, but if you have a hi-fi it's already built in. You can get the output from your hi-fi pre-amp if there's a "line-out" socket, and connect it to your PC sound card. This will be at a constant level, so will not be affected if you're also listening through your hi-fi and you adjust the volume or tone controls.

Or, if your hi-fi has a headphone socket you can use that instead, but its output will be affected by the hi-fi volume and tone controls, so don't fiddle while you're recording.

amonra 16:40 26 Apr 06

I've been using PolderBits program for a long time. Very pleased with it and easy to use. Highly recommended.

morgueman 22:39 26 Apr 06

thanks for the response, plenty of food for thought there!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced