recording radio

a member 20:33 31 Mar 07

I have never had any reason to even listen to radio on my PC , and know nothing of internet radio stations etc ,but my friend wants me to record a program from radio wales on monday morning , so I need a crash course (advice ) on how to , and what software is required , the simplest the better (in my case) would be great .
just spent the last hour or so with real player , but I cannot find any option , or how to record live from the radio station.
I am getting desperate now only a day or so to go , so I would be grateful for any assistance with this.
thanks .

octal 20:35 31 Mar 07

Adacity will record it for you click here

octal 20:36 31 Mar 07

Sorry, that should read Audacity.

MAJ 20:54 31 Mar 07

I agree with octal, merlinx, Audacity is the one to use. If you want to output the final result to MP3, you'll need the lame_enc.dll file click here Audacity will ask you for it when you Export to MP3, just point to where you downloaded it to and Audacity will install it.

paddyjack 20:58 31 Mar 07

Instruction on how to do it are here click here

a member 21:15 31 Mar 07

wonderful , much easier than I could have imagined . works a treat , I had been pulling my hair out over his one , and I only had to ask .
thanks everyone.

squashman 01:25 02 Apr 07

Hi, have tried to use as detailed, but nothig appears in the drop down box. any ideas?

a member 07:41 02 Apr 07

you wont get the save options until after you stop recording , record the program , then stop recording and then under "file" select (export as MP3)you will need the lame_enc.dll file, "link posted by MAJ above.

squashman 01:06 03 Apr 07

no, never got that far. when click on view/float mixer, there is no drop down, and cannot record.

MAJ 07:57 03 Apr 07

Try just listening to what ever you want to listen to, open Audacity and click the Record button. If it's recording, you will see the waveform going across the screen. If all you see is a staight line then make sure the output and input volume is set about half-way, that's the little microphone and speaker iconed sliders on the top toolbar.

squashman 00:47 04 Apr 07

Thanks for that, got some success doin as maj suggested, but don't seem to have any control over the mike input, it's either on or off, the waveform is quite 'short' and playback is fuzzy. any ideas would be great as I have been trying to get something like this to work fo ages.
cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…