Recording PS2 footage via PS2 to USB adapter

DesocratorGaming 20:50 26 Mar 15

So back in December I brought a Toshiba Satellite C50-B-14D Laptop and I recently started a YouTube channel. I have so far done games I downloaded from steam (free ones because I cant buy new games atm), however I want to broaden my range. What I want to do is film PS2 footage.

I would like to know weather or not if I buy a adapter (PS2 to USB) will it show up on my laptop screen and also can I record it using Fraps (I understand this may not be the best place for this part).

I don't want to use an emulator for the following reasons: -I want to use a PS2 controller as that is what im used to. -I don't want to use BIOS files as they can be illegal -My laptop never came with an optical disk drive (which annoyed me because I thought it did, it wasn't an option when buying but there is a slot for it.

I don't want to use a capture card as they can be expensive and PS2 to USB wires are available for around £4.

DesocratorGaming 20:58 26 Mar 15

A few corrections: -when I say PS2 to USB I mean A/V to USB. -when I say PS2 I mean PlayStation 2 (I should not need to say that but im doing it in case. -£4 is actually £8 as I was looking at PS2 to USB not A/V to USB

wee eddie 22:28 26 Mar 15

I find your worrying about BIOS files being illegal fascinating as you appear to have no qualms about ripping off the guys that made the games

tullie 22:59 26 Mar 15

Dident he mention free games?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now