Recording old compact VHS tapes

kettian 19:43 09 Aug 06

Help,
I have several old tapes of my kids when very young from a long defunct camcorder. My problem is I can't record them too my HDD I have a Nvdidia 5700X Ultra G card Which has no input facilty and a Hauppage Nova-T-USB2 that only has RF (Aerial)connection but won't tune to the VCR. The last remaining VCR that I have only has Scart and RF connections, can anyone suggest a method of connecting the VCR to the computer, once the video is there I don't have a problem. Would appreciate any advice either software or hardware based.

Thanks,

Ian

Strawballs 20:01 09 Aug 06

click here
This is proberbly a better place but try to keep your thread to one forum otherwise it gets confusing

rodriguez 20:05 09 Aug 06

If you can change the RF output channel on the VCR then change it to one in the range of TV broadcasts - somewhere between channels 21 and 69. I set the output on my VCR to channel 44 then tuned the TV card to channel 44 and it was fine.

Jak_1 21:42 09 Aug 06

For about £180 you can now get a VCR to DVD player from any of the high street stores, Curry's etc. A friend has one and he is busy copying all his home video on to dvd's that way as he does not have a computer. He simply transfers all his camcorder tapes to VHS and then to dvd. He is a technophobe and even he finds it easy. I setup the machine for him and it took me 10 mins from opening the box to having found all tv chanels and making the first dvd. Hope this helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…