Recording to my CD Drive

Goldcroft 12:51 08 Jan 03
  Goldcroft 12:51 08 Jan 03

I am trying to copy some files for backup purposes to my CD drive. After "preparing the disk" in Writing Wizard it tells me that there is no disk in the drive, which there is. I have changed disk, but to no avail. The CD drive now seems to be froze and I cannot eject a disk.

I have copied a CD successfully in the past.

Any ideas please?

PS: Some may remember an earlier posting of mine re freeware to back up files to CD. Today I found Bushido (via mango grummit who posted on 16/12/02), which, unlike others, claims to support XP and comes with a recommendation from mango grummit.

northamuk 12:54 08 Jan 03

You haven't by any chance got InCD enabled?

Goldcroft 13:05 08 Jan 03

You talking to a non techie. What is InCD please northamuk?

northamuk 13:11 08 Jan 03

It's part of one of the burning programs, Easy CD Creator, I believe. It will lock your CD drive if enabled. Look in your system tray and see if it is there, if it is you can open the drawer by clicking on the Icon and choosing Eject.

Goldcroft 14:37 08 Jan 03

Without my doing anything I can recollect, CD is now active again. But to go back to my original problem,I just cannot transfer files to the CD, either using the backup programme or manually via Nero

hvs 15:50 08 Jan 03

You mentioned that you have Nero burning software.
I am no expert but I use this software as well. For data files (ISO)select Compile a new CD, Then select Data, then select create a new Data CD. You will see My computer etc. Open the programme files you want to back up then drop and drag files from the right hand side of the window onto the left hand side in the box. It should work.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…