Recording music to cd

dugit 16:02 23 Oct 04

I have not recorded music before so for a trial I recorded music from a cd-r to a cd-rw which played ok on computer but nothing happened on my radio.My intention was to record on to a cd-r but used cd-r for trial as I said.What have I done wrong please?

alnwrd 16:06 23 Oct 04

radios do not play cds whether they are cdr or cdrw. Some cd players will not play cdrw. Maybe this is your problem?

Diodorus Siculus 16:07 23 Oct 04

Some "radios" will not play CD-RW disks; it will also depend on how you went about it. What software you used and if you enabled / disabled protection.

smokingbeagle 16:11 23 Oct 04

Depends on your CD player. Do the specs claim it can play CD-RW or CD-R? If so in what format? Some will not play MP3.

dugit 16:23 23 Oct 04

I have a Packard Bell with windows XP and recorded as instructed and disabled protection I believe so.

Diodorus Siculus 16:34 23 Oct 04

Do you have another CD player on which to try with a CD-R rather than CD-RW?

Irishman 16:46 23 Oct 04

Whatever you're trying to play the CDRW on does not recognise CDRW's as a valid disc. Try recording it again only this time onto a CDR. Then try the CDR in your CD? player. If it still does not work try the CDR in another CD player. If it works then you'll know it's your player not the CDR.

Far more "home" CD players will recognise CDR's than CDRW's.

dugit 17:59 23 Oct 04

Thank you all for the answers. I have tried my cd-rw on three cd radios in my home and it doesnt work but I have just tried it now in my car and it works OK.
I note the comments about recognition of cd-rw and cd-r which I can understand now I think.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…