Recording music & burning

RockapeDave 14:40 16 May 03

I am trying to transfer some old audio cassettes (personal stuff) onto my computer via an audio in socket on my Dell 2350. When I connect to a player the sound comes out of my computer speakers but I dont know how to find the audio input on my computer, record the music and convert to a wav file. I am using Nero 5.564 for my burning program. Do I need seperate software or hardware to do this. The sound card is an intigrated sound with the P4 processor.

_Treb_ 15:51 16 May 03

Hi Rockape
You need to use your line out or headphone socket of your hi fi and go into the Line in Socket of your sound card. Make sure you have the line in enabled for recording and yes you will need a conversion programme. I've used Goldave in the past it's simple to use although others will direct you to different software. click here good luck.

PS my brother in law is a Rock coming out at 55 in a few years time.

stlucia 16:08 16 May 03

_Treb_'s link looks good, but also have a look at what came with your sound card. Usually they include basic recording and mixing software.

RockapeDave 16:23 18 May 03

I recently tried to find some software on the ZD Net site and came across something called PolderbitS Sound recorder. It is downloadable as a 14 day FULL trial version, so you can try out a full recording and editing session, as opposed to most of the others which only allow you to record 60 seconds on a trial basis. It is really easy to use and so far I cannot fault it, so it looks as though my problem is solved. I will use up the 14 day trial before I pass final judgement and let you all know how much it costs to register if I decide to keep it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…